Sunday, November 21, 2010

Denim & Diamonds Sweet 16

Happy Sunday!

My good friend, Shelly asked me to create a cake for her neice's 16th Birthday... She loves horses, browns and greens. Now, I don't know if any of you have looked at Sweet Sixteen stuff, but it's all Pink and Black... But you know my standard answer.... "YES, I can do that!" So the party theme is Denim and Diamonds.... I sat down a couple of Sundays ago and started sketching designs. I DON'T DRAW!!!!

So the creating began.... It was a Funfetti cake with "Twinkie" filling... Yum! Buttercream crumbcoat, denim colored fondant and gumpaste creations. We searched for the cake topper... to order a really "Bling" 16... was super expensive... so while I was in a great cake shop... I found candy molds! So I bought white chocolate and the toppers were created! Everything on the cake is EDIBLE! That is always my goal!
Please take a peak and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much for the support and Keep the cake orders coming!! :D






No comments:

Post a Comment